Resort Terms & Conditions & Policies
BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICY:
24 HR – NO DEPOSIT: Low Season Only
- No Deposit, full payment due 24 hours prior to arrival, NO refund, waitlist, change of date options available.
72 HR – NO DEPOSIT: Low Season Only
- No Deposit, full payment due 72 hours prior to arrival, NO refund, waitlist, change of date options available.
14 DAY $200 DEPOSIT: High Season Only – Qld School Holidays
- A $200 Deposit or full rate if less at time of booking, Deposit is refundable** up to 14 days prior to arrival.
- A booking is not secure until a deposit has been paid.
- Balance is due 14 days prior to arrival. Bookings which are cancelled inside the full payment period will forfeit total booking cost.
30 DAY $200 DEPOSIT: Peak Season Only – Xmas & Easter
- A $200 Deposit or full rate if less at time of booking, Deposit is refundable** up to 30 days prior to arrival.
- A booking is not secure until a deposit has been paid.
- Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. Bookings which are cancelled inside the full payment period will forfeit total booking cost.
REFUND: COVID 19 GUARANTEE – full refund on bookings cancelled due to a Covid 19 National or State Lockdown or similar occurrence.
- ** All deposits are refundable less a $25 admin fee (direct bookings) or 50% of 1st Night Rate (Booking.com, Expedia, OTA bookings etc)
- 14 DAY & 30 DAY – No Refund is available, bookings may be offered a waitlist option – this is at managements discretionWAITLIST BOOKING: –
- Bookings may be offered a waitlist option – conditions apply.
- Outside the cancellation period, booking dates are able to be changed without penalty and subject to availability. Date change must be within a 12-month period of initial booking. Extra tariff may apply due to different seasons.
- If at any time a value add, inclusion or bonus is sold as part of a package, that portion of the package is deemed to be included wholly within the package and may not be dissected, removed, exchanged, refunded or redeemed for cash,
even in the event that the portion, inclusion, value add, or bonus is not utilised.
LONG PERIOD & GROUP STAYS:
- Bookings which are of a stay longer than 14 consecutive nights or are for 5 separate rooms or more will be charged the full accommodation amount if not cancelled 14 days prior to the accommodation arrival date.
RESERVATIONS RATES, QUOTES AND BOOKINGS:
- Bookings can be made via this website or by contacting our Reservation Team during office hours on 07 4974 9428.
- All of our rates are “dynamic” and therefore subject to change without notification.
- Any verbal quote given is only an estimate of the price, and all reservation prices will be subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All rates are quoted in Australian Dollars.
BEST RATE GUARANTEE: WHY BOOK DIRECT? – www.sandcastles1770.com.au has the best available rates.
- Our website offers the best publicly advertised room rates solely for studios, motels and apartments under the management ofSandcastles 1770 Motel & Resort excluding the sale of packaged rates and offers not available to the
- As all of our rates are dynamic and subject to change without notice, once you have booked your accommodation at a selected rate, youwill be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions of your booking and as such, should a
cheaper rate be advertised at a later stage, any allowable charges will be in accordance with our terms and conditions.
- A responsible adult of 18 years and above is required to make the booking and to stay in the unit booked for the duration of the booking. Exceptions may be arranged please contact us to discuss the options.
- The person making a booking shall be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions on behalf of all persons staying and is responsible
- for the behaviour or any costs incurred by guests staying under their booking or visiting the resort.
- Please check room occupancies carefully. Each room has a max occupancy limit due to Fire and Body Corporate regulations.
- Children 1 year and above are considered a person when calculating occupancy. Each person included in the occupancy is required to have an appropriate bedding option.
- Additional bedding must be pre ordered if required, however must not exceed the maximum bedding conditions of the room type. Charges apply for additional bedding.
- Foxtel, Wifi and resort facilities are considered as complimentary inclusions and hence offer no monetary value to the rate. These inclusions may not be dissected, removed, exchanged, refunded or redeemed for cash, even in the event
of product or equipment failure, services not provided or utilised.
- Whilst we attempt to satisfy all special requests please understand that it may not be possible to do so, regardless of the date your booking was made.
- Our Reservation Team will do their best to secure your preferred unit at time of booking but we can not 100% guarantee or promise that, that particular room will be available on day of arrival.
- Each booking is allocated the most appropriate room available at the time of finalising the booking on day of arrival. Should you consider the apartment you have booked not suitable, upgrades or relocations can be requested – subject to availability and at an additional cost. Guests wishing to change rooms after check-in may incur a cleaning fee.
- Sandcastles 1770 Motel & Resort is a pet free resort, no pets are allowed on site, in vehicles or in rooms. Immediate eviction applies to guests concealing a pet. Exception is registered guide or assistance dogs, dog coat &
papers required at all times.
ARRIVING & DURING YOUR STAY:
CHECK IN TIME:
- From 2pm. Our check-in time is from 2pm – 5.30pm – via the office. Early arrivals after 12 noon are free to use the pool facilities until the room is available for check in.
- Should you consider the apartment you have booked not suitable, upgrades or relocations can be requested – subject to availability and at an additional cost. Guests wishing to change rooms after check-in may incur a cleaning fee.
ON ARRIVAL TO YOUR ROOM:
- If you have any issues with your room that you would like rectified please contact Reception Team immediately so we are able to rectify the problem or find a suitable solution for you.
- If you are not satisfied with any solution, you may take the option to leave and request a refund, if management is in agreement with your complaint a full or partial refund will be processed by EFT.
- NO REFUND is available if you bring issues to the attention of management at the end of your stay.
- Arriving outside of office hours, our after-hours service is available to assist at any time. Located to the right of our glass reception doors you will find our NIGHTBELL and NIGHT SAFE.
- On arrival please press the NIGHTBELL for assistance or ring 07 4974 9428 for assistance. If you have not arrived by closing time a Text will be sent to your phone with check in details.
CHECK IN REQUIREMENTS:
- All guests may be required to provide a credit card pre-authorisation on arrival to cover any miscellaneous charges. Where a credit card is not available a $200 cash deposit may be required.
- In addition, you are required to provide a photo ID this identification may be retained for verification purposes with your credit card provider in the event of disputation.
- Any personal information collected will be securely stored and carefully disposed of at the end of its usefulness. We are required to hold information for Covid 19 tracing purposes.
CHECK OUT TIME:
- Our check-out time is 10 am – unless otherwise stated as part of a booking promotion or previously arranged.
- Late check-outs are only available on direct bookings or part of a booking promotion.
- All charges are settled daily and processed to the credit card on file.
- Guests are able to check out via the office from 8am – 10am or prior to office hours depositing the key through the key return slot in the reception door.
- Any breakages are to be discussed with our Reception Team prior to departure.
- We regret no refund is available should you choose an early departure.
- As a condition of your occupancy, the owners of the premises are not liable for damage or loss of property which the occupier/s guests may bring on to the premises. Refer to the Travellers Accommodation Providers Liability Act 2001.
- POOL 1 BEACH HOME POOL & SPA & BBQ – is located in the Beach Homes section of the resort and is ONLY available to guests staying in the Beach Home Units. Sorry, no visitors or guests staying in other sections of theresort
are allowed in the pool, spa or BBQ area.
- POOL 2 SANDCASTLES 1770 POOL & BBQ – 18m lap pool located opposite the main building is only available to guests staying in the Garden Villas, Motels and Studios. The Pool is for registered guests staying at Sandcastles 1770
Resort only. No outside visitors are allowed in the pool & BBQ area.
- At certain times of the year the Sandcastles 1770 pool may be closed to guests for a short period of time due to swimming lessons for the local schools. Please see the Reception Team for swimming alternatives.
- Pool users are required to abide by the pool rules, NO GLASS & NO SMOKING in either resort pools is allowed.
- Each section has a different Body Corporate bound by different agreements and by-laws, therefore depending on where you are staying in the resort will depend on how you can access the different pools.
- All bedding and bath towels are supplied in your room. Pool Towels are not included but are available to be purchased or hired from reservations.
- Bath towels are not allowed to leave the units or go to the pools. If fresh towels are required an extra charge may apply.
- Sandcastles 1770 Motel & Resort does not provide daily servicing or full amenities. A small complimentary starter supply of tea, coffee & sugar, toiletries and cleaning items is provided at the beginning of your stay with additional
items available for purchase from our Reception Office or at the local supermarket.
- A mid-week service is provided for bookings of 8 nights or more. Additional room services are available and will incur an incidental charge.
VACATING THE ROOM:
- It is expected on vacating your unit that any furniture, cutlery, dishes moved during your stay is returned to their original room and location.
- Please ensure all dishes are washed and returned to cupboards, and ensure all rubbish is removed and disposed of in the appropriate resort bins – Please no loose food or fish scraps.
- Please report any maintenance or breakages to reception or on the feedback forms in the compendium.
EXTRA CLEANING CHARGES:
- Extra cleaning charges may apply to rooms left in an inappropriate state.
We believe at Sandcastles 1770 Motel & Resort all guests have the right to enjoy their stay; as a gathering venue for family & friends, for rest & relaxation, for the adventurers heading to the Reef or those with a quick
stopover. The following Terms & Conditions are put in place to ensure the rights of all guests are adhered to.
- Quiet time 10pm to 8am. As a family resort, we ask that any visitors to your accommodation leave by 10pm, and any excessive noise, parties or family gatherings must cease by this time. We also ask the morning noise is kept to a
minimum before 8am. Inappropriate noise, language & behaviour will not be tolerated at any time of the day. A management callout fee $150 per callout, applies in response to complaints made by other guests and guests may be
evicted if noise, inappropriate language & behaviour continues. No refund will apply.
- By way of illustration the following behaviours are unacceptable:
- Intoxication, bad language or unsavoury behaviour;
- Throwing anything from or climbing over apartment balconies;
- Bringing visitors back to apartments between 10pm and 9am;
- Loud music in unit or pool areas;
- Dangerous behaviour on the property or pool areas;
- Wilful damage of resort property;
- Any incident for which police or security are called;
- Any behaviour posing a safety threat to staff, residents or other guests;
- Ignoring the warning that behaviour is in breach of this policy.
- All apartments, studios, motels, our pools & BBQ areas are strictly non-smoking.
- Smoking on the balcony or patio of your unit is permitted as long as it does not interfere with the enjoyment of surrounding guests.
- Excessive smoking resulting in complaints to our Reception Team by surrounding guests, will result in smokers being asked to move to another location or off site.
- Extra charges may apply if unit is required to be treated to remove any smoking smells.
- Please dispose of your cigarette butts in the appropriate outside bins and not in the bins in the rooms or discarded in our gardens or carpark area.
POOL & BBQ USAGE:
- Pool users are required to abide by the pool rules, NO GLASS & NO SMOKING in either resort pool is allowed. Pools are for registered guests staying at Sandcastles 1770 Resort only. No outside visitors are allowed in either
resort pools & BBQ areas.
- Fire and body corporate regulations – all rooms have a maximum number of guests allowed. If you exceed the allocated number an extra room will need to be booked or extra guests will be asked to leave. Children 1 year old and above
are included in the maximum guest allowance.
We strongly recommend Travel Insurance for all of those unexpected events leading to last minute cancellation.
- We are situated in the sub-tropics which at certain times of the year may experience severe weather conditions. Our poor weather policy is that your booking is active unless the roads close due to flooding and access to the area is
closed. It is expected that guests have Travel Insurance for these occasions.
- In the case of extremely poor weather, bookings may be offered an opportunity to re book dates, this option is only offered at the discretion of the Management of Sandcastles 1770 Motel & Resort.
SICKNESS AND FAMILY CRISIS:
We strongly recommend Travel Insurance as although we are sympathetic to unforeseen crisis there are times we are unable to change our policies. Any options made available in these cases are at the discretion of the management of
Sandcastles 1770 Motel & Resort.
QLD FIRE AND RESCUE FEE:
- Guests are responsible for any fees due to services attending a smoke alarm call out caused by careless or inattentive actions.
- We will not be in breach of the agreement or any way liable to any party, if it is prevented from complying with this agreement by reason of act of God, act of public enemy, act of terrorism, war, earthquake, riot, explosion,
compliance and with any law or government restraint order, rule regulations, strikes, lockouts or any other cause not reasonably within the control of Sandcastles 1770 Motel & Resort. We will not be liable for any loss of any
- We will not give your information to anybody outside of Sandcastles 1770 Motel & Resort, Drift & Wood Bistro & Bar and our package partners.
- We will keep only the information required to keep you informed of any offers that may be of interest to you.
- We will keep all information required by law and regulation.
- You may see all the information we have regarding your transactions at any time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns.
- Your Credit Card details are required to process payment and to be held on file for security until the conclusion of your stay.
- On completion of your stay your details are encrypted and can no longer be accessed. Except for account bookings for regular stays usually corporate – please contact our Reception Team for further information.